Growing to be Christ like living for Him wholeheartedly one girlfriend at a time!


Our desire is to become more like Christ and serve him wholeheartedly one girlfriend at a time!

NLF Gals Calendar of Events

NLF Girlfriends calendar of events

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Brooke's take on the DR




This is Brooke's take on the DR. The Lord did a wonderful work in her life while she was there. I am excited to see what the Lord does next!


My trip to the DR! What an awesome group I went with, 22 ladies who love the Lord, and were willing to serve the Lord all week.

10 Things that have made major impact on me:

1. God's Love
2. Humbled
3. The simplicity of DR
4. Friendships made and friendships grew stronger
5. God worked out everything in His timing not ours
6. Praying (Thanks Donna) :)
7. Team time each night- 23 Ladies praying, crying, laughing & sharing!
8. Kids at the school-even though there was a language barrier-they loved on us and we loved on them!
9. Missionaries - Their love for DR and what they are doing everyday is AWESOME!
10. Urgency to share the gospel

Going on a missions trip you think you are going to help them, when really they are blessing us. The simplicity of DR is refreshing in a way....they have no schedules, they have no busyness. Like we do here in United States. We are so wrapped up in our daily lives that we forget to sit back and relax and reach out to our neighbors and friends. What is important to us....Are we letting God's light shine through us daily...or are we so busy that we don't even let Him shine? I know for me personally it was a check in my life, where are my priorities are they on check with what God wants for me and my family.

Luke 14:34- Salt is good but if it loses it saltiness how can it be made salty again.
Have we lost our saltiness?

The power of prayer was evident all week. From the plane in Chicago to the rain on Friday for our Fiesta. But God had HIS plans and we had our plan....Gods plan was MUCH better
than any of ours!

Mark 10:45- For even the Son of Man did not come to be served but to serve and to give His life a ransom for many.

We are not here to be served, but to be servants for the Lord. I need to reach out and take the next step to see where God wants my family to be.

I am so thankful that the Lord took me to the DR! I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for my family and I! The Lord is Good...

No comments:

Post a Comment