Growing to be Christ like living for Him wholeheartedly one girlfriend at a time!


Our desire is to become more like Christ and serve him wholeheartedly one girlfriend at a time!

NLF Gals Calendar of Events

NLF Girlfriends calendar of events

Monday, February 28, 2011

Kims take on the DR





Carolyn has asked us to list at least 10 things that have impacted us on our trip to the DR and then to write about what impacted us the most. Though I don't think I needed to go on the mission trip to discover what I learned, I think that God used the Mission trip so that it made a commanding impact on me.

My 10 major impacts would be:

1. The Power of Prayer
2. Humility
3. Simplicity and the joy these people have
4. Friendships - created there and deeper with those prior
5. Missionaries - their commitment to God and the people they serve
6. Time - we, Americanos, put to much value on it and it dictates us to often
7. God's timing
8. Beauty - in the people and the country side
9. God's provisions
10. The children

What impacted me the most, for my very 1st mission trip, has been the Power of Prayer. I have always believed in prayer, pray every day and have tried to be a faithful prayer warrior, BUT and do i mean BUT, the week prior to our departure, the day of our departure and the week at the DR has revealed to me how small I am and how HUGE GOD IS. God is in and wants to be in, every detail and aspect of our lives. (by minute, hourly, daily, weekly and forever) To hear the DR story, and there are many, will reveal a God of Power, Unity, Timing, Faithfulness, Healing, Strength, Adjustment (on our part) and most of all Love. Prayer is not just a tool to seek, praise, and ask but a way to listen to God's will and an understanding. Through prayer we learn to know our Father.

Friday, the day of the Fiesta for the children, it had been raining all night. It actually was a very peaceful rain that patted on the roof and lulled me to sleep. There were many concerns as to how we would carry out the days activities. Anyway, all week I heard from the Missionaries that we were with, that the rain was much needed and very much wanted. How could I pray for it to stop, so that we could have a Fiesta. My heart was torn. It continued to rain through TAWG time and early morning. Tara, the gal from TX, praised and thanked God for the rain and my heart just leaped, "yes let it rain". I then knew that if we would adjust and take a step in faith, God would provide for the day. And boy did He. It rained and He reined. The sun shone and the Son shone.

That morning I sang a song out loud and it went like this: Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day, I have a wonderful feeling everything's going GOD'S way. AMEN

The power of prayer. . .

4 comments:

  1. beautifully said Kimmer! I love that Reign and son analogy!! How many times do we "THINK" we know what is best for us or for the situation, but God has a completely different plan. We must always learn to accept that HE KNOWS BEST even if it is not what we want. I'm so glad that you could go and see God at work. I know you've been totally blessed by your trip and I'm sure that you blessed everyone around you. Maybe next year I will have to make the adventure with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have learned so much about the power of prayer in the last month that I won't go a day without it. And it's more about faith and how you ask than anything. God is truly good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen Kimmer!!!! The power of prayer is amazing. I am so glad you could go on this trip to the DR. It sounds like God showed up in a HUGE WAY. It is so true that He wants every little bit of our lives. After all He knows how many hairs we have on our heads. (some of us less than others...lol) God has shown me how He takes care of the little things in BIG ways. I say AMEN again to your proclamation on the POWER OF PRAYER!! LOVE YOU GIRLFRIEND!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane Diane, you are a wonder. Wonder(ful)friend, wonder(ful) prayer warrior, wonder(ful)person and most of all a wonder(ful) child of God. I love you to pieces. I have seen you growing each and everyday in God's strength and word. Thank you for the encouraging words, you are. . . kimmer

    ReplyDelete