Growing to be Christ like living for Him wholeheartedly one girlfriend at a time!


Our desire is to become more like Christ and serve him wholeheartedly one girlfriend at a time!

NLF Gals Calendar of Events

NLF Girlfriends calendar of events

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Rachel's take on the DR




Rachel is so fun see How God is working in her life. It is so fun to see how her love for God gets stronger and stronger. I want all of you to hear her testimony. You will be encouraged!



After re-reading Matthew 28:18-20, I really feel that my reason of going to the DR was for the fellowship of 22 wonderful women. I feel that through all I have seen and learned, they have all had a hand in making me even more of a disciple than I was before leaving. The DR has left me hungry, and I don't mean food hungry(DR food is amazing!). I mean I'm hungry for God's word. I'm eager to learn more books of the bible through bible studies, I want to be able to name off a verse to someone in need (thank you Mari Bowers:), and I want to learn how to have an obedient heart.



When people ask me how my trip went it really seems like a personal question. This trip to me was a getaway for me & God. God even allowed me to walk around with his heart, and wow, what an amazing heart he has! It didn't matter what language you spoke, the people and children loved you! Acts 10:34-35 says, Then Peter replied, "I see very clearly that God shows no favoritism. In every nation he accepts those who fear him and do what is right."



We left our comforts of our homes, left our families all to spread God's Good News. I consider it such a blessing to have recieved such a calling and to have obeyed it. I have learned so much from this mission trip, and I am praying that it stays inside of my heart forever.



10 things that impacted me:

1. Power of Prayer

2. God's love for his children

3. Humility

4. Tears, Hugs, Laughter

5. God speaking through me

6. Team Time/Morning Chapel

7. God shows his mercy & love no matter what country we are in.

8. Healing of my sinful heart

9. New Relationships{I have so many new friends}

10. God allowing me to love on his children



The number one thing that impacted me was building new relationships. There have been times in my life where I have literally went weeks without talking to a friend, and its not healthy. I know I have 22 women I can call up anytime (you can call me too:) and I can speak to them about whatever is on my mind. The beauty of it is that it will always stay between us. I feel that this trip is special, with a lot of special women. I truley feel God has led me to all of you for reasons, and the future will show me why. But, until those moments come, lets live, laugh, and love one another often.



The number two thing that impacted me was God allowing me to love his children. It made me miss my son like crazy, but it made me stronger in the end. Some of the stories I learned of some of the children were horrifying, but I just think that I had to have made some kind-of difference. I didn't need them to physically tell me, I could see it in their little eyes, and feel it in their warm hugs. I know that it takes very special people to handle God's children, and I deeply appreciate Amy Green(SI Site Leader) for her hard work and compassion she has. Amy has been a blessing in these children's lives and in mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment