Growing to be Christ like living for Him wholeheartedly one girlfriend at a time!


Our desire is to become more like Christ and serve him wholeheartedly one girlfriend at a time!

NLF Gals Calendar of Events

NLF Girlfriends calendar of events

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Carolyns take on the DR



While I wait for some of the other ladies to send me there takes on the DR. I will write my take on it.

Last week was a very hard week for me. I was feeling very much like I could not adjust to coming back from the DR. I just wanted to go back and live there.

The 10 things I saw God do the week we were in the DR. was the following.
1) God answering prayers as soon as we left the church
2) God smiling and showing us he was in control
3) Ladies uniting our hearts together on the first day.
4) Ladies stepping up to help, Willing to step out of their box.
5) Ladies beginning to seek God as to why they were called to the DR.
6) Ladies sharing from their hearts and telling God what ever you want
7) Ladies beginning to be healed from there past
8) Ladies waiting on God in prayer
9) Ladies enjoying each other in laughter, love and praying together
10)God continuing to answering prayers and healing as we return home
11)Ladies stepping out of there boxes after we are home to do what God has asked

ok I know I did more than 10 and I think I could go on.
My role was different this year than last year where I was able to be with Daisy each day and fell in love with her and the people in the village.
This year I visited different sites each day, which was a real blessing seeing the ladies ministering. But the most rewarding thing during the day was the afternoon I spent with Milli. Milli is the head cook and last year after we returned home she accepted Jesus as her Savior after we sent her a bible in spanish and this year I felt God did a work in her life as I just shared to word with her. She was so worried about her 15 year old daughter.
As I left to go be with her I asked Jasmin to pray. God did a miracle in her life as the word was spoken she felt like God poured warm water over her starting from her head to her feet. She said she would begin that day to pray the word of God for her daughter. The day after we returned to the US Milli's 14 year old daughter accepted Jesus into her heart.. wow God is good!
After I was home I asked the Lord to help me not loose what he showed me in the DR
This is what God gave me this morning and this is what i believe happened to me in the DR. He said
. "I can not live for today, for today is to short. Today is only important in the light of what we do for God. The things on this earth is growing very dim. I must not waste a single day. I must live with eternity in my mind."
I just got home from getting groceries . I have been think about this all day. As I entered the store I asked God to show me who I was to love on. Would you believe an old renter walked in the door right after me. This person owed us quite a lot. she avoided me. I walked up to her and said its ok. I don't need it God supplies all my needs...she began to laugh out loud..almost jumping up and down .she left my best friend. Eternity set in my mind!!

It was a real privilege to be the leader of these 23 ladies and I want to thank Dawn Christner for helping with lots of behind the scene things. What a great friend she is. I love you all and hope that the experiences you have had are life changing experiences.

2 comments:

  1. Sister, thank you so much for being willing to be used of God. For planning this trip and organizing it. I know lots of others helped too and I thank them. Even though I couldn't join you, it was a privilege to be a prayer warrior for all of you. Thank you Carolyn for your continued commitment to our Women's Ministry at NLF. We love YOU and lift you up to the throne!
    Your girlfriend foever!! And I mean into eternity....we will rejoice in seeing the Savior together!!!AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  2. amen and amen girlfriend!! Thanks for praying for us all as we went. Without our sisters praying for us as we went, we would of been in big trouble!
    Thanks a lot

    ReplyDelete