Growing to be Christ like living for Him wholeheartedly one girlfriend at a time!


Our desire is to become more like Christ and serve him wholeheartedly one girlfriend at a time!

NLF Gals Calendar of Events

NLF Girlfriends calendar of events

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Pat's take on the DR


This is Pat Kauffman's take on the DR. Pat is the 2nd lady on the left of the truck.


This trip was a dream come true for me. It was such an amazing journey. I had no idea what to expect or what would be expected of me but the Lord guided me through this trip every step of the way. The group of ladies was a most awesome group and even though I knew very few of them it was such a comfortable group to share, pray and work with. The devotions in the morning, as a group and as individuals, and the team meetings were such wonderful times. I felt such a peace during all this time.
The power of prayer spoke so loudly to me and what a difference it can make in our lives. Starting the day with the Lord also made an impact with me. Even though I already knew these things I needed to be reminded of it in a new way. I knew early on what I needed to do differently when I got home. I have picked up a Bible study book and guide to help me get started and am studying in the book of John.

At the work site, even though we could not communicate language wise our people understood the smiles, hugs, and holding their hand when the going got tough. And they beamed from ear to ear when they were presented with new baby clothes. Such simple things to do. A smile, even with people we can talk to, can make such a difference in their day. Simplifying my life is important.
Thank you so much for the opportunity to join this group of ladies and for the friendships I have made. I am making changes in my life and I know we made changes in the lives of people in the DR even though me may never see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment