Growing to be Christ like living for Him wholeheartedly one girlfriend at a time!


Our desire is to become more like Christ and serve him wholeheartedly one girlfriend at a time!

NLF Gals Calendar of Events

NLF Girlfriends calendar of events

Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Lord is our banner

Ex. 17: 15 "The Lord is my Banner"
I think that it is time for us to celebrate what God has done in our lives.
After the Victory Moses built an alter to celebrate the Victory God had given them and he Called it
BANNER OF VICTORY
JEHOVAH NISSI


The Ladies retreat was God's work. As Ladies shared their lives with us, God spoke to our hearts. My Sister (Rosella) called and said you must listen to a sermon.It was a sermon that her Son in law preached in Calif. on why to go on short term mission trips. So I went on line and listened to it. It was on Acts 8.

Some of us and others want to know why we would need to go on a short term mission trip. They say..."we have so much to do here why go" Lets take a look at Acts 8
Please read it....In this chapter we see God at work.
Notice how the Christians were scattered, but when they were scattered they preached the word, an there was great Joy in those city's.
Each time the Christians were scattered they took the message to a new group of people. Now lets take a look at Phillip and the Ethiopian. verses 26-34
Now the Lord told Phillip to "GO" If you look at a map, you will see that Phillip was from Samaria, and God told him to go to the dessert road that goes between Jerusalem and Gaza. It was a long way from where Phillip lived. Why didn't God use someone closer to the Ethiopian? Why did God choose to use Phillip and make Him go that far?
Notice when God told Phillip to go get near the chariot he "RAN" to it.
So Why did God ask 23 ladies to go to the DR? Why did we have to go thousands of miles, should of it not been done here in the US? Maybe, but God said GO. He choose the group to go, he choose to put the ladies together. He choose who was to share and put people in our paths to love. He choose those whose lives would be forever changed. He choose to humble us and use us and break us, he choose to break our hearts for Him and return us never to be the same again.

But God was not done with those ladies yet. NO, it was only a beginning. At the Ladies retreat God once again used ladies that have been on a missions trip somewhere to be used by Him.
Ladies that were carrying guilt and pain from there past, are now beginning to be free-ed . One lady gave her heart to the Lord and will spend eternity with us and our Lord. Ladies saw how little time is left and want to begin walking with our Lord like never before. One lady said "DO NOT HESITATE GO" One lady said God is working on me to forgive this week end...one said I felt God cleanse and purify my heart this week end and given a fresh touch and direction ...one said God has asked me to step out of my comfort zone and not to be afraid of it...one said Pray is where I need to be....one said wow God wants to use me just where I am...One said God loves me so much that he does not want me to stay where I am....One said wow God wants to use me...One said Time wasting "DO, GO now...One said I see how awesome God is this week end and he has spoken to me.....one said I am excited to find where my gifts are and to GET BUSY.....One said I need to have the eyes of Jesus to see people he wants me to share with....One said I have a mission sent here for a purpose....and One said GOD has opened my heart this week end and SAVED ME TODAY!

Why did God send 23 ladies to the DR? IT is called "Ripples of Redemption"
When you go to the ocean and see the waves come in it is a Rippling effect.

You see Maybe God sent Phillip on this short term mission trip to help save one man, but I am sure he returned to he is land and told others what happened to him. God is the one who saves and He will use who he wants to use to do his work.

So I end by saying what did God do with a team of 23 ladies sent to the DR?
He is still working, it is not stopping, it is a rippling effect and I pray it will continue.... God is at work.... If you are called to go on a short tern missions trip...listen and GO. God is not done with us yet. I am so excited to see how God uses us all in the coming weeks..
If God is calling you to go with us to Lima, Peru this summer do not delay, let me know soon....
Love you all and God be with you all!

1 comment:

  1. That weekend was amazing and I am still amazed at how God worked. I AM SO GLAD THAT I WAS THERE TO BE A PART OF IT ALL. I am still in awe. Thank you all for planning it!!! To think I almost didn't even go this year, I CAN'T WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR!!!!

    ReplyDelete