Growing to be Christ like living for Him wholeheartedly one girlfriend at a time!


Our desire is to become more like Christ and serve him wholeheartedly one girlfriend at a time!

NLF Gals Calendar of Events

NLF Girlfriends calendar of events

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The thing that blessed Rita the most in the DR




Here is Rita Lewis's greatest joys in the DR.(Rita is the first lady on the left on the truck) We enjoyed her being with us! Rita worked with the little kids all week.
It is a very difficult place to work because you are giving our all week and no giving back to you. You love on the Kids all week and it is so important but can not talk to them. Thank you Rita for being obedient!!

Rita says: The thing that made the most impression on me was Mari's lesson to the teenage girls and how much things have changed in the ten years since I have been there.
I can see progress; children are cleaner, schools are bigger and better, the community looks better. The mission is doing a work for the Lord!
It happens so slowly that those that are there don't really see it until they look back to what it was like when they first arrived on the Field. With me not seeing it for ten years, I seen a big change!
I thought about the mission through the night last night and prayed for the people.
My heart is still with them. Thank you for letting me go with the team. I enjoyed it very much. I have many new friends because of it.
Blessings to you all. Rita

1 comment:

  1. Rita,
    It was great getting to know you...and tease you :) Thanks for being so sweet and putting up with me. You fit right in with us NLF gals. See ya next year.

    ReplyDelete