Growing to be Christ like living for Him wholeheartedly one girlfriend at a time!


Our desire is to become more like Christ and serve him wholeheartedly one girlfriend at a time!

NLF Gals Calendar of Events

NLF Girlfriends calendar of events

Wednesday, February 23, 2011



Jeanie is the one on the left. The gal in the middle has been a real blessing to Jeanie and Donna this week, You will have to ask them questions about her.
We learned to know Jeanie in the DR and know God has a plan for her life!
Thanks Jeanie for sharing!


The power of prayer came in so real on this trip. Sometimes I feel like God is not listening to prayers when I pray and pray and nothing happens. God used this trip to show me in a POWERFUL way that He hears EVERYTHING.
No matter how big or small it is, He knows and cares what we are going through.
We had so many things that we had to lean on Him to change. Anything from flights to get there, to stopping the rain. GOD TOOK CARE OF IT ALL!!!!
It is amazing how much one little miracle can change out view of things. All the stresses of the week, and conflicts that could have tore the group down, it built us up. My mind goes back to the first meeting we had about the trip and I remember Carolyn saying she is amazed at the group God brought together and she prayed for unity in the group. THAT PRAYER WAS ANSWERED. I went on this trip, not really knowing any of the people and came out of it with a awesome group of friends.

God also showed me a lot of self-worth through this trip. He gave me some talents in sewing that I don't use often here. I about forgot about them and don't think of them as gifts from God. Well, He showed me the first day at the site I was at, that the gifts he gave me are HUGE!!!! I am thankful for the things He gave me and for the things I take for granted. Just because I find things easy that comes natural to me, doesn't mean everyone does. I am thankful for who He placed me with at the site. What came natural for me, didn't come natural for others, but what I have a hard time doing yet, came very natural for her. GOD IS AMAZING!!!!

Why did God take me on this mission trip? Wow, where do I start. God had to take me thousands of miles away to make me face the facts of what he wanted me to do without any distractions. It is to easy here in the my comfort zone to do things out of habit and push aside what I don't really want to do or to scared to do. It is scary sometimes to venture out and do something different, but how much better it feels when you do things that God is asking you to do and not hide from it. God can continue to take me on this journey now. There is no block wall there to hide behind. I also realized that I am not walking this journey alone. There are others that are walking with me and are dealing with the same issues as I am. Praise God for His faithfulness!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment