Growing to be Christ like living for Him wholeheartedly one girlfriend at a time!


Our desire is to become more like Christ and serve him wholeheartedly one girlfriend at a time!

NLF Gals Calendar of Events

NLF Girlfriends calendar of events

Monday, January 17, 2011

31 day Challenge

Hello Ladies

I have been working on the retreat and have been challenged by God to
do a 31 day challenge. This idea is not mine, but I will make it relate to us.
Our retreat is on Missions and I have been gathering some things on hunger in the
world and hunger in the United States. It blew me away. So...I have been asked by God to do this 31 day challenge. Is there anyone out there that would like to take it with me? I will blog every day for 31 days to help us seek him and I want you to blog back and tell us how it is going.

It is so simple and it is truly this basic:
Refuse to take any bite unless you can thank God
for it before or during the bite, enjoying every bite
with Him while it's in your mouth.


If you are like me I have this habit of shoveling food in without thinking! :)
Anyone with me????

Let me know if there is anyone who would like to join me in this challenge.
See you tomorrow!!

3 comments:

  1. I am with you Carolyn. Count me in.
    I find myself eating not when I am hungry(stomach hunger), but for any myriad of reasons (head hunger, emotional eating, boredom --just to name a few). It is a heart-issue for me, not a mouth-issue . Self-discipline is a tough fruit of the Spirit to cultivate and harvest. ugh! Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in with you Carolyn! I want to put Christ back to being 'First Place' in my life. This is so is
    just the incentive I need to think (pray) before
    each bite! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies for coming along beside me. I am right there with you. I hope that others join us to. God will be there as we join together seeking him thought this!! love you ladies

    ReplyDelete