Growing to be Christ like living for Him wholeheartedly one girlfriend at a time!


Our desire is to become more like Christ and serve him wholeheartedly one girlfriend at a time!

NLF Gals Calendar of Events

NLF Girlfriends calendar of events

Friday, December 10, 2010

Chrsitmas Risk

Today we go from a Christmas Challenge to "Christmas Risk", and it has me thinking. So much of us love our comfy chairs and a "relationship with Jesus". We like the assurance of heaven and feeling like we're good people. It's all very...nice. But we're not called to "nice". We're called to follow Jesus wherever He leads--not just to our favorite row in the sanctuary, but to the trenches, over the edge, into the deep.

Jesus calls us to pick up our crosses and not look back, and to follow Him. Matt. 16:24
We seek what's pleasant, but we should be seeking God. I think if we know that if we listened--really listened--to the Holy Spirit, we'd lose a lot of comfort. We think that's the thing we want to avoid most, but somewhere inside of us isn't there a place that yearns for the challenge of hard-core obedience?

Think about when we watch reality shows where people push themselves for a goal. It's the reason people spend hours cheering on the favorite teams or playing video games. We were made for battle, but we've condemned ourselves to being warriors on the couch. I'm right there with you!

I don't want to be a powerless Christ-follower. I want in the game. I want to go where He leads, sacrifice and endure and work for whatever plan He has for me.
I want the risk. I want His Will....how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment