Growing to be Christ like living for Him wholeheartedly one girlfriend at a time!


Our desire is to become more like Christ and serve him wholeheartedly one girlfriend at a time!

NLF Gals Calendar of Events

NLF Girlfriends calendar of events

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Share the word with us!

Before I was afflicted I went astray, But now I keep Your word. Psalms 119:67

Reading the word of God is so important~
"Spiritual discipline": We seem to repeat our mistakes within our Christian walk until we learn to bring "Spiritual disciplines" into our life - disciplines that will help us to stay focused on God and His Word. In addition to these disciplines, we must purpose in our heart to be filled daily with the Spirit of God (See Eph 5:18). Once we have learned these principles, we can do them to make sure we have an effective Christian life that brings honor to God and edifies those around us.

Reading the Word of God is one of those disciplines. It is absolutely essential that we read our bibles continuously! It is how we know the will of God for our lives.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. Romans 12:2

God has chosen His Word as the way with which He speaks to us and to give us guidance. Girlfriends I love you all so much that I want to make sure you are hearing from our Lord each day.....so tell me what you have heard and read from Him today....Share your verse

4 comments:

  1. So true...reading God's word daily is critical, yet I so often just "squeeze it in", rather than making it top priority. Praying we will all put this important part of our day FIRST!! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, next time I will read the directions before I comment!! Right now I am reading through Jeremiah, but the verse I'm sharing is one I've underlined...Deuteronomy 3:24 "O Lord God, You have begun to show Your servant Your greatness and Your mighty hand, for what god is there in heaven or on earth who can do anything like Your works and Your mighty deeds?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do NOTHING. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up and BURNED. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.
    John 15:5-8
    I don't know about you all but I really don't want to be kindling for the fire!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ladies this is really encouraging!
    I appreciate you guys so much!
    You are a blessing to many more than you even know!

    ReplyDelete